SALLE OSSIAN AWARDS
SALLE OSSIAN FENCING CLUB
SCOTTISH CHARITABLE INCORPORATED ORGANISATION, SCO43517
2015 – 2016 Season
Salle Ossian is a charity dedicated to providing equipment, coaching and facilities to promote the the olympic sport of fencing. It operates primarily in Perthshire Scotland. You don’t have to be member of Salle Ossian Fencing Club to apply, but you will be expected to be commit to a high number of training sessions, support the charitable purposes of the organisation and to make a financial contribution to the cost of the training.
Each of the awards include full access to training facilities at Salle Ossian 7 days a week and a training programme tailored to support the aims of the individual athlete.
Senior Athlete Award
- Aimed at athletes who are training full time towards senior GB team
- 150+ hours of individual tuition
- Full cost of 2 major national and 2 senior international events
Junior Athlete Award
- Supporting fencers in full time education to attain GB cadet and junior team
- 100+ hours individual tuition
- Full cost of two British qualifying events and 2 cadet/junior internationals
Young Athlete Award
- Designed to develop under 14 fencers towards Scotland youth teams
- 50+ hours individual tuition
- Supported at Scottish youth development competitionsThe Requirement
- A commitment to four or five training sessions a week
- Attend Salle Ossian training camps
- Contribute towards the aims and purposes of the charity
- £100 per month contribution towards coaching
- £40 per month membership or contribution towards club overheads
- 50% discount for siblings
- Up to £6000 worth of personal coaching per year
- Up to £4000 towards nominated qualifying and international events
- Full access to the only dedicated fencing training facility in Scotland
The Application Process
Written applications of no more than two sides of A4 should be submitted by Friday 9th October 2015. Applications will be considered by the Board of Trustees who will expect the individual to be able to demonstrate their aspirations, a commitment to competing at the highest levels of the sport and to outline how they intend to participate in, and contribute to, the charitable aims and objectives of Salle Ossian. Individuals who are not members of Salle Ossian may be required to undertake fitness and fencing testing.
Applications and any requests for further information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.